Warning. I am going to eat A LOT today. 9 mile run this morning and bikram yoga this evening, I know I need to fuel up. This is one of my favorite ways to get a good start in the morning. Gooey, banana-y, peanut butter-y, warm, crunchy, messy. Delicious.
(And my husband’s finger)
Cinnamon Banana Breakfast Scramble
Adapted from The Edible Perspective
- 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds (I’ll need to write an ode to Chia seeds later)
- 2 Tablespoons Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Milk (I Used Almond Milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 Tablespoon Nut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Strawberry Jam
- In a small bowl, mix together the Chia seeds, oats, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon and mash the banana. Once the mixture is combined flip into a nonstick skillet and cook on that side for 3 minutes.
- While scramble is cooking, toast the English Muffin.
- After the 3 minutes, flip the scramble to the other side. This may be a little messy. And cook 3 minutes on the other side.
- Top one 1/2 of the English Muffin with peanut butter and the other 1/2 with jam and then add the Banana scramble.