FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!
Sorry for getting a little excited there. As I write this, Clemson is beating last year’s Champs Auburn 35-24 and I WISH I was in Death Valley right now.
But, I’m not. I’m in Jersey City. Had a little scare this morning, searched for the Clemson game on TV and couldn’t find it. Not on ESPN, not on Fox Sports, not on BTN. I was in the middle of chastising New York television and telling my husband we need to move to South Carolina asap… when I found it… on ABC!! Glory be.
Anyways, a snack was then in order since we won’t be leaving the house until the last second on the play clock.
(Notice the Clemson cup in the background.)
Baked Tortilla Chips and homemade Guacamole
- 7 Corn tortillas
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- teeny-tiny pinch of Cumin
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray oil on a baking sheet.
- Brush tortillas with oil
- Stack tortillas and cut into 8ths
- Lay tortillas on baking sheet.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes rotate baking sheet 1/2 way through cooking.
- Remove from oven, place chips in a large bowl and toss with Salt and Cumin.
Easiest thing ever.
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice
- Few drops of Tabasco
- 1 Tablespoon salsa
- De-pit avocado and lightly mash with a fork in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- Go Tigers!