Y’all, this turned out surprisingly well. Really, really good, actually. I’m not going to lie and say “it tastes just like Carrot Cake”. But, for a healthy smoothie, it’s pretty darn good. I think it’s the little bit of Greek Yogurt that does it. It just hints of a cream cheese frosting.
Seriously, try it. I think you’ll be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
Carrot Cake Smoothie
- 2-3 medium carrots (peeled and chopped) Is peeled the right word?
- 1 cup Almond Vanilla milk
- 1 frozen banana (chopped into 1″ slices)
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds or powder
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- Dash Cinnamon
- Handful of ice cubes
- Throw all ingredients (but only 1/2 cup of Almond milk) into a blender.
- Add the rest of the Almond milk until you reach the consistency you want.
Pretty good, right? A perfect cool treat after a run.